FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Are wigs expensive? What is the price range of your wigs?
- If you compare to what many people spend on "getting their hair done" wigs are actually quite affordable. We have a large selection of wigs in the $70-$140 price range, even some lace front wigs from Vivica Fox are in that range. When you compare that to the price of getting highlights or a perm and a haircut and factor in that it won't have to be repeated every few weeks, our wigs are pretty competitive to that. And, your insurance may help pay some of the cost if you are going through chemo or have alopecia from other medical conditions - see our "Alopecia/Insurance" page for more information.
- We don't carry the cheapest brands because quality is important but we do our best to compete with online pricing and offer a wide range of choices. The more expensive lace front wigs from Estetica, Raquel, Gabor, Rene of Paris, Noriko, Henry Margu, and other premium brands will generally range from $180 - $300. Mono-top and hand-tied wigs will usually be in the $275-400+ range.
- Don't forget that we have a large selection of discontinued and special buy items priced 30%-70% off regular price. We may only have one color of the style and we can't get you another one at that price if you don't like to change, but they are great deals and make quality wigs and hairpieces even more affordable.
- Yes we do stock a selection of human hair wigs and usually it is Remy hair! We don't stock as much human hair as synthetic due to the higher cost of quality human hair but we have found several Vivica Fox human hair wigs at affordable prices. We try to keep a few and have been pleasantly surprised by how great they look for less than half or a third the price of other brands and they seem to hold up well when properly cared for. We also have a few types of extensions in human hair as well as the synthetics.
- Note that synthetics have advantages over human hair in addition to being more affordable. Especially now that the new heat safe fibers allow you to curl and change the style more easily if you want, synthetics are even more popular.
- We have been expanding our selection of costume wigs and wigs for fun with many color choices. We have many exciting colors and styles to wear to Halloween parties, costume parties, or just for fun. They are nice enough to look natural and will hold up to wearing multiple times. Incognito from Henry Margu is our most popular line of costume wigs but we also have many fun colors and styles from Vivica Fox. Also, with our clearance section, you might find a style that will be a good fit for a role in a play or an impersonation costume at an affordable price. And don't forget we can cut and style wigs to match the look you want.
- We even have a couple of mustaches in stock.
- The short answer is sometimes. If you have a doctor's prescription, you absolutely should be able to use FSA or HSA funds and we can provide an appropriate receipt. Some insurance companies will pay toward the cost of a wig. Please refer to our "Alopecia/Insurance" page for more information.
- Yes! We love lace front wigs, especially for those who don't want to wear bangs. They allow flexibility to have a style with the hair back off your face. This is how most men's hair replacement solutions are made. The lace disappears against your skin and it's nearly impossible to tell you are wearing a wig or hairpiece.
- Absolutely! We love mono-top wigs because they give the appearance of being able to see your scalp under the hair, especially if you don't normally have thick hair. They feature an inset of transparent micro-mesh with the individual strands of synthetic fiber or human hair hand-tied into the mesh. Mono-top wigs are generally more natural-looking, as the hair appears to be growing out of a real scalp. Ask us to show you how natural they look.
- They are more expensive because they are more costly to make. However, even with their higher price point, we have some on clearance that are similar in price on sale to a regular wefted wig. They are perfect if you want to be able to have a part anywhere on top and/or have the hair lay down more naturally close to your head. When parted, the wind blows your hair, or you run your fingers through it, the mono-filament area makes the hair move, feel, and appear as though the hair is growing out of your own scalp.
- Sorry but we do not buy hair. We suggest donating to Locks of Love - locksoflove.org, Wigs for Kids - wigsforkids.org if you want to help provide free wigs for alopecia patients.
- We only offer non-surgical hair replacement. However, with bonding of the hairpiece, you can even swim and shower with your hair remaining in place as though it is your real hair without the risky surgery. These units are usually combinations of monofilament, lace, and polyurethane with the hair hand-tied to appear as though it's growing from your scalp even when thin or combed back at the front.
- Unlike most hair replacement companies, we do not require contracts or a minimum number of replacements per year for your hair replacement solution. Bonding does need to be re-done approximately every four to six weeks but we will help you learn to take good care of your unit and also can often do minor repairs for you. Many of our customers are able to take good enough care of their quality hairpieces that they last through several bondings.
- Most of our male customers actually prefer to just use tape at the front and possibly back and sometimes use clips to attach the sides to their own hair. These usually last longer because they do not need washed as frequently and are usually removed at night so they get less "wear and tear."
- Please refer to the "Return/Exchange Policy" section of our "Contact" page.